What is the first day I can register?
You may register according to the Registration Timetable . The Registration Timetable is based as follows:
Number of total credits you have earned to date PLUS
Number of credits for which you are currently registered.
Registration attempts made earlier than your “first day to schedule” will not be accepted.
How long is the registration period?
The registration process begins on your first day to schedule as listed in the Registration Timetable, and continues through the tenth calendar day of the semester. While exceptional circumstances may necessitate the need to process schedule changes after classes begin, students are encouraged to finalize all schedule changes prior to the first day of classes.
How do I register?
ONLINE at eLion.psu.edu
- eLion is available for registration from 7:30 am until 3:00 am (Eastern Time) 7 days a week.
- Present a completed registration form at the Registrar’s Office.
- Time: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Location: The Registrar’s Office at Penn State York is located in the Main Classroom Building, 1031 Edgecomb Ave., York, PA
- When: You may register according to your “First Day to Schedule” as listed in the Registration Timetable.
How does the Penn State registration process work?
- First the student enrolls in specific courses.
- Second, the registration is completed upon receipt of payment for tuition and fees. For more information about methods of payment available and payment plans, please visit the Penn State York Bursar’s website.
What happens if payment is not received?
- The student will not receive grades for courses that he/she is attending.
- The student will be unable to enroll for future semesters.
- The student’s Penn State Access account will be suspended.
- If the student receives student loans, he/she may enter a repayment status with their lender.
- If the student receives student aid, some of the aid sources may be cancelled and will be unable to be reinstated at a later date.
- Starting with the first day of the semester the student will not be allowed to add courses.
What happens if i decide i no longer want the class?
- Prior to the first day of the semester, a student may cancel their registration without financial penalty.
- Starting with the first day of the semester, a student who decides not to attend must withdraw.
What are the holds and what are the consequences from having a hold?
- A hold may be placed on a student’s record as a result of past due unpaid tuition, unpaid parking fines, or payment with bad checks.
- A hold will prevent registration for any new classes.
- To eliminate an outstanding hold, the student should contact the responsible office to learn what actions are necessary to clear the hold.
Can I register late for classes?
- Registration should be completed by the 10th calendar day of the semester. Starting the 11th calendar day of the semester a late registration fee will be assessed to anyone registering late. Once classes begin, tuition must be paid before you schedule classes.