Corporate Partners will have the opportunity to:
- Get to know and help groom future members of the region’s workforce by hiring The Graham Center student interns. By collaborating with Penn State York faculty and the student interns, corporate partners will play an important role in adequately preparing students to make meaningful contributions to the region’s economy.
- Establish an open and ongoing dialogue with Penn State York faculty members. An open line of communication will enable corporate partners to offer their perspectives on educational and training needs that may help shape curriculum upgrades.
- Evaluate and communicate their continuous improvement needs. Penn State York’s Continuing Education Department has access to the expertise and resources necessary to develop customized training to help corporate partners achieve their goals.
List of Corporate Partners
- GEA Refrigeration Technologies
- Glatfelter Insurance Group
- Harley-Davidson York Vehicle Operations
- New Standard Corporation
- Shipley Energy
- The Graham Group
What corporate partners need to know about the program’s structure
Trio Appraisal Process
In consultation with our corporate partners, an internship review document has been created to resemble the real life appraisal process that students will experience as future employees. The key component for this leadership program is the inclusion of the academic adviser in the conversation between the corporate mentor and the student intern. This three-way conversation provides the 360 degree feedback necessary for the student and academic adviser to determine future course selections to address the opportunities for improvement identified by the corporate mentor.
View the Appraisal Document (pdf) (docx)
In response to a request by our corporate partners, on-campus events will be scheduled for corporate partners to have more frequent and both formal and informal interaction with prospective interns. Program growth will focus on providing unique field trip opportunities for Graham Fellows and their host mentors. View networking events and photos
The Graham Speaker Series
Keynote speakers as well as notable Penn State York alumni will be invited to the campus to share their stories, including both challenges and successes, with our students, faculty, and corporate partners.
View past speakers and photos
Endowments and other annual funding sources have been created to provide financial support for student interns to have experiences above and beyond what is provided in the workplace. Students can apply for support to help meet expenses for activities such as travel to professional conferences or field trips with their mentors.
For more information on becoming a corporate partner, contact
Director of Development