After Admissions Checklist
- Schedule a tour of the campus. Call 717-771-4040 or 1-800-778-6227 or register online for one of our admissions programs.
- Pay your acceptance fee by the date located on the acceptance notification in your offer packet.
- Take the first-year placement tests online. You will receive information after paying the acceptance fee regarding the tests. Placement tests determine appropriate first-year courses in English, math, and chemistry (if required). For more information contact Advising and Career Development at 717-771-4053.
- Attend New Student Orientation (NSO). Attendance is mandatory. During NSO, students receive their placement test results, meet with an academic adviser and schedule courses. NSO days will take place in June, July, and August. Additional information will be mailed during the summer. Note: If you are entering Summer 2013, contact Advising and Career Development to schedule an appointment to schedule classes at 717-771-4053. Learn more about NSO.
- Schedule classes with an adviser in the Advising and Career Development office if you are a transfer student. To schedule an appointment call 717-771-4053.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the FAFSA application by March 1, 2013. The school code for Penn State is 003329. For further information, contact the Financial Aid office at 717-771-4045.
- Look-up your Student Aid on eLion. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 717-771-4045 if you have any questions or concerns.
- Activate your computer access account and obtain your Penn State student ID at the M.S. Grumbacher Information Sciences and Technology Center (ISTC). For further information contact 717-771-4080.
- Grant family members access to grades and tuition information through eLion.
- Complete the mandatory Penn State SAFE and AWARE programs before the first day of class.
- Submit your health history form on eLion.
- Consider off-campus housing.
- Contact Student Affairs if you are a veteran student at 717-771-4045 to complete benefit forms.
- Interested in Penn State York athletics? Please complete the online prospective student athletic form and visit our athletics website.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Attendance to this student only, all day event is mandatory. Orientation is on Friday, before the first day of classes. Additional information will be mailed this summer.
Other Important Steps
- Obtain your free parking permit in the Business Office in the lower level of the John J. Romano Administration Building (room 11). You will need to bring your driver’s license and vehicle registration. Please contact the Business Office for additional information at 717-771-4100.
- Purchase your books in the bookstore at the M.S. Grumbacher Information Sciences and Technology Center (ISTC). Take your course schedule with you! For more information contact 717-771-4110.
- Contact the Nittany Success Center 717-771-4026 or the Student Affairs office 717-771-4045 if you are a student with disabilities or special needs before the beginning of the semester to discuss and plan academic support services and accommodations.