Step 1: Application Process and Deadlines
Penn State has rolling admissions, which means there is no deadline for applying. However, we recommend that applications for first year admission be submitted by November 30th. Applications will be accepted after that date, but as admissions criteria rise throughout the academic year, it may become more difficult to gain acceptance to your first choice campus or academic program.
When you apply to Penn State, you will need to send us the following:
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Students applying for spring or fall 2014 will be eligible for a $50 application fee waiver when they visit the Penn State York campus prior to submitting their application to the University.
- Official high school transcript
- SAT I or ACT scores (SAT code #2660 or ACT code #3656)
- Transcripts from any other colleges attended and AP scores, if applicable
- International students must have your TOEFL or IELTS standardized test scores sent to us directly from the testing agency. The TOEFL code for Penn State is 2660. Please see the admissions requirements for information about which tests are required.
Step 2: The Application
We recommend future Penn State students apply for admission on-line. To do so create a MyPennState account. MyPennState is your one-stop shop for customizing your Penn State admissions experience. Your MyPennState will create an admission account that will allow you to apply on-line, print a paper application, receive customized messages and check the status of your application.
To begin a new application or review an application entered previously that has not yet been submitted, login to the system by entering a personal login ID and password of your choice in the boxes below. Your application is linked to this login ID and password and can be retrieved at a later time for revision or completion. You will need this same information for Step 3.
- MyPennState (Apply On-line) -This link will take you to the University Undergraduate Admissions web site where you will need to create an account and remember it.
Step 3: Application Status
Penn State has rolling admissions, which means there is no deadline for applying. However, the evaluation of transfer applications does lengthen the review period, so transfer students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Undergraduate Admissions Office strives to evaluate undergraduate applications as quickly as possible. You can check the status of your application by logging into your My Penn State account.
|If credentials are received...||Your anticipated notification date should be...|
|By November 30||No later than January 31|
|By December 31||No later than February 28|
|On or after January 31||After March|
* Students applying to Penn State York can apply later and still be accepted