Would you like to be involved in an exciting and rewarding program at Penn State York? Applications are now available for Orientation Leader (OL) positions.
Orientation Leader Position Description
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are an integral part of the orientation programs at Penn State York. They actively participate during the fall orientation programs and during Welcome Week in August. Orientation's success, in a large part, depends on the ability of the Orientation Leaders to share his or her individual University experiences and reactions to University life with the orientation students. Orientation Leaders and other staff members will work to create a friendly and helpful environment in which students can find answers to their many questions and concerns about Penn State York. Orientation Leaders are active behind the scenes as support staff and play the lead roles when interacting with students at university programs.
In order to work effectively with new students, applicants should possess or be willing to develop the following qualities:
- A commitment to orientation and to the Orientation Leader Program
- A commitment and belief in the academic advising system and University student support services
- Participation in University programs, student organizations and extracurricular leadership activities
- Effective communication skills (one-to-one basis)
- Small group discussion leadership skills and public speaking skills.
- Punctuality, dependability and poise