- The total number of credits a student has accumulated from all college and universities attended.
- The total grade point average (GPA) from all colleges and universities attended.
- Choice of major.
Course work successfully completed at other colleges and universities that are members of the six regional accrediting associations will be considered for transfer credit. For a course to be eligible for review:
- The grade received in the course must be equivalent to a "C" (2.0) or higher at Penn State.
- Penn State must have a similar program or course offering.
- The course should be useful in the student's program of study at Penn State.
College level course work completed at colleges or universities that are licensed by state boards of education to award associate degrees (or higher) but that are not members of one of the six regional accrediting associations may be eligible for credit by validation.
Please be aware that only credits transfer to Penn State, not grades. Your grade-point average will start over once you begin taking classes at Penn State.
- Students must have a 2.0 or better with 18 credits or more to be considered for transfer admission.
- Use our transfer credit tool.
- View our academic planning guides.