Program Coordinator: Bill Cantor
IST Core (16 Credits)
Designed with the working adult in mind, this series provides an introduction to many of the major topics in the field of information sciences and technology. A follow-on certificate provides additional coverage of these important topics.
Both certificates can be used to “step-up” to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Information Sciences and Technology.
- ENGL 015 Rhetoric and Composition
- IST 110 Information, People, and Technology
- IST 111 Seminar in Information Sciences and Technology (1)
- IST 210 Organization of Data
- IST 220 Networking and Telecommunications
- IST 250 New Media and the Web
IST Technology Professional (15 Credits)
This series builds on the knowledge base provided by the IST Core Certificate. Students in this 15-credit certificate will complete the core courses required during the first two years of both the IST associate and baccalaureate degrees. Additionally, students will complete the writing and speech requirements that are essential within IST. This certificate can be used to “step-up” to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Information Sciences and Technology.
- ECON 102 Introductory Microeconomics Analysis and Policy
- ECON 104 Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy
- CMPSC 101 Introduction to C++ Programming
- IST 260W Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design
- ENGL 202C Effective Writing: Technical Writing
- ENGL 202D Effective Writing: Business Writing
- CAS 100 Effective Speech