R. Bacha, J. Barnett, L. Berkowitz, W. Cantor, M. Casteel, P. Catina, D. Coho, M. Coyle, H. Darling, R. Dovey, C. Dzubak, R. Farrell, A. Fetterman, D. Folkers, C. Gaston, S. Gill, S. Gladfelter, F. Haag, H. Hartman, A. Hasan, A. Henne, C. Heydl-Cortinez, A. Huber, K. Ishida, M. Jarrett, E. Jenkins, A. Kara, K. Knapp, O. Kucukemiroglu, A. Landis, K. Magni, M. Marcus, J. Nesbitt, L. Newcomer, S. Pane, D. Sarafian, S. Shah, N. Sloboda, J. Smeltzer, S. Staton-Taiwo, J. St. Clair-Christman, S. Stelly, K. Stupski, K. Swalgin, K. Trout, D. Van de Streek, E. Wenk, V. White, M. Wijesinha, D. Winters, S. Christ, J. Rodney, S. Shaffer, S. Werner.
- Approval of minutes from the 4/13 Senate Meeting
- F. Haag motioned to approve and B. Farrell seconded. Approved by acclamation.
- Communications from administration, faculty, and committees
- Announcements from University Senators: First meeting in a few weeks, but it is likely that a document concerning the affordability of a PSU education will generate much comment.
- Announcements from Faculty.
- R. Bacha announced that the Social and Behavioral Sciences Unit will hold an election for unit head.
- J. Nesbitt announced that the Faculty Working/Writing Group will continue to meet during the academic year. E-mail to follow.
- L. Berkowitz announced the likelihood of a U.S. House Rep. debate to be held at PFPAC on either Sept. 18 or Oct. 6. Details to follow.
- Announcements from Staff: S. Shaffer called attention to a box lunch series offered by the Schreyer Center, which has taken over the functions of the Royer. Suzanne also requested expressions of interest from faculty regarding the possibility of Maryellen Weimer speaking to the campus.
- Announcements from Senate Chair, Deirdre Folkers.
- A tentative committee and chair list was sent out over the summer. An updated list will be forthcoming; this will be the last opportunity to make changes.
- Committee Chair’s meeting: September 12
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Election of a P&T Chair: C. Heydl-Cortinez elected chair.
- Election of a Promotion Review Committee: M. Jarrett (12 votes) elected to the committee. O. Kucukemiroglu (4) in second place.
- Election of a Promotion and Tenure Committee: The following candidates were elected: L. Berkowitz and A. Hasan
- Forensic Business
- Meeting was adjourned at 12:55 p.m.
This page last updated: December 14, 2006 10:04 AM
This server is provided and maintained by the Penn State York Office of C&IS. If you need to communicate with our staff regarding this website, send electronic mail to: York campus webmaster.